A parish may be involved in with IMF on any of the following three levels:
- Sponsor: The Sponsor is the main parish responsible for the project or mission. They work with an IMF Mission Director and the aid parish to establish the particulars of the project or mission including fundraising and sending volunteers to assist the aid parish.
- Co-Sponsor: A parish which is unable to sponsor an entire project or mission themselves can apply to co-sponsor on another project or mission. They help promote a project or mission through prayer and fundraising, but do not send any volunteers as missionaries.
- Recruit Mission Volunteers: If a parish is unable to sponsor or co-sponsor a mission project, it can still support the mission by helping to recruit prospective mission volunteers or by allowing an IMF Missions representative to give a 3-minute presentation after each mass on any designated weekend of the parish’s choice. This parish can assist most of all through keeping the mission project in its prayers.
Step 1 – Register your interest in becoming a Parish2Parish Partner with us today! Simply fill out the details requested on our easy to use form:
Step 2 – We’ll reach out to you within 5-7 business days to confirm receipt of your registration and answer any immediate questions you may have. We do ask that you please have your calendar available and ready, however, as we’ll want to schedule a convenient time (~60 min, Parish2Parish Initial Partner Meeting) to go over a few of the specifics involved in more depth.
Step 3 – Parish2Parish Initial Partner Meeting, 60min. Depending on geographic proximity, this meeting may be done via phone, Skype or in person and is designed to provide clear, in-depth understanding of our P2P program and expectations.
Step 4– Depending on how soon you’re available to partner, a Mission Director (MD)* will be assigned to assist you. They will be in contact to discuss particular projects or missions and will act as your guide for the duration of your project.
*Mission Director – The primary focus of this role is work with your Parish to:
- Assist in establishing a committee assigned to plan this project
- Develop a strategic plan with you for fundraising your mission
- Ensure that your parish has a timeline, flights booked, mission materials shipped, contacts with mission parish solidified, necessary materials needed for publicity and that the project is done in a timely manner
- Mediate the relationships between your parish and the mission parish, ensuring each flourish while the purpose of the mission is achieved
- Answer any ongoing questions or concerns you may have
Register your project with IMF to become a candidate for our Parish2Parish Program! You’ll need to provide a letter from your Bishop approving IMF to assist your community with the project and then fill out and return the application to us at — firstname.lastname@example.org
International Missionary Foundation
PO Box 8
Greeley, CO 80632
Fax: (970) 616-0674
1. Do your best to fill out the application form
2. Include a letter of support from your Bishop to authenticate your project aid proposal
3. Add as many pictures of the area, people, and project as possible